Proud native of North Carolina, born into a unique family where music was a profession, raised in a culture where people are proud to be working class, John Jones is bringing his life of music making and rural roots to the stage.
“I was probably around 12 years old when my dad (Earl Jones) would have me play rhythm guitar for his bluegrass shows. Best training a young picker could ask for, period.”
As is common in life, John’s musical tastes have wandered through nearly every genre possible, but the songs he writes show the strong roots of bluegrass, country, blues, and western swing. You can most often catch John performing weekly on the unique live music radio segment on 96.3 FM, Music Monday. His performances have ranged from solo acoustic gigs to full scale Nashville television recordings.
The highlighted parts of his musical career being:
• Two Nashville appearances on RFDTV’s Shotgun Red Show
• Radio personality on WRHT 96.3 FM Thunder Country’s Music Monday since 2015
• Award-winning songwriter in the nation-wide Troubadour, TX competition
• Full-time professional musician since 2010, including teaching, recording, song-writing, producing, and performing.
Super performance. Must do again soon!
– Don Walton, Owner, Walton’s Distillery
We had a great time! You fit the bill perfectly and we hope to be able to have you come play again soon!
– Matt Arnold, Attorney, Arnold & Smith, PLLC
When I think of John, one word comes to mind… Multi-talented!
– Raeford Brown, Host of Raeford Brown Morning Show, 96.3 FM Thunder Country